President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

..what I'll miss the most.


As school had grown closer, I've found myself at a bitter sweet stage. I wanna go and can't wait to get up there, yet as time has grown nearer it's almost as it I want time to slow down just a little.
My plans have been changed 4, 5, and 6 times and when I thought I was leaving has changed...once again. I was supposed to leave tomorrow and ride up with Bri and her dad as they were going to find a car. Yet, tomorrow was just too soon. I wasn't ready physically, hadn't said my goodbye's with certain people, and wouldn't get my birthday pa

rty. At least this way, I will be with my family at least part of the day! So now I'm riding up with Bryan Gifford and we're either leaving on Sunday night/afternoon or Monday morning. Sunday's my birthday so i'm kinda hoping I don't have to do that miserable 11 hour drive on it...ughhh! not looking forward to it. :) But, hey it's better than WED! So, i'll arrive up to school and have a few days to get settled in and then it's BACK TO SCHOOL on Wednesday! holy cow. i'm not sure if i'm ready! haha. I'm taking Anat&Phys, calc, math 110, a pre-grad school class, and Book of Mormon.

But, as i've thought about leaving: there are a few things i'm going to miss.
-homemade meals
-my queen size bed
-my own car
-family
-kyle: i met him with three weeks left and with him being gone back and forth to Reno we've spent as much time as we can together..it'll be a hard few months.

-b. aka brian marx. i feel like he's been the one person i can text everyday and tell anything to. he's been the friend i'm gonna miss the most and i feel like he's been so real while i've been in town. he was the first friend to take me in when coming back to vegas knowing no one and will be the one i see as my true best friend..as corny as that sounds.

-mary.tesoro. man i love this girl. i see her once in a blue moon, but once i get to see her, we pick up where we left off and it seems like nothing was ever missing. i can tell her anything and she'd support and respect me 100%. i'm gonna miss her although i'll be texting her constantly..keeping up with her life.
-and then there's my ultimate best friend who will be hard to leave. we goof off all day, and all night. he follows me constantly and we can spend hours on end together. i'm never mad at this boy and i am so glad he's part of my family. i can laugh, cry, and talk to him when there's no one else. we watch movies, dance, sing, and just have fun. i'm going to miss not having him with me all day and night to goof off with but i will have regular skype sessions with him and him only. they'll be just for him:) that's my comic relief to myself as i just started to tear up writing this. we are so alike and can act stupid yet serious with eachother and it feels completely normal. i look up to him and am so thankful he's the way he is. there must have been a pretty dang good reason for it. i love you ty-ty. best friends for life...can't i just take him with me?! :/


No comments:

Post a Comment