President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Successful Baptisms of 3!

What a week and I can hardly believe that it's Monday again..where does time go?!
This week we had a crazy week.  Well, as I was so happy to announce that we had a house, we got a call the day before we were supposed to move in and it wasn't approved with the Manila office because it was so expensive.   We questioned why this was happening, but Pres. called us and told us to continue the search. Every house we saw wasn't to mission standards, so we are going to keep trying, the couples are coming Wednesday to help us drive around because we can only walk so far and cover so much ground! Then, Thursday night President will be in Esclante to do interviews, etc. and finalize our housing situation. If we don't have anything by then, we will be pulled out.  I reflected on my time here as a missionary and whether it will end next Tuesday, I am happy with how I served the people of Escalante here! I have learned so much and have made friendships that I will take with me forever. I may not always be here, but the experiences and people will be with me forever! So, you will know next email if I will be transferred or not because will get them through emails Mondays now. 
But, we also had our baptism Sat and so this week was full of preparations with them! They progressed so fast that we had to teach all the lessons in a short time. But, their faith has grown so much!  They were so excited for their baptism and that made it all worth it! We went to Lupa, Sat morning and celebrated Erwin's birthday with him before the baptism and then we all headed over to the chapel together! It was 5pm and Amiel was no where to be found...so Sis. Boncales and I paused and told the baptism to wait and we went to his house to get him because I felt so strongly that he needed to be baptized. We got there and his mom wasn't home but his dad was. We asked the dad if we could take him and he said he would head over with their mom when she got home. We got there and we saw his mom on the way and long story short-they all attended the  baptism! Amiel's testimony for being 10 was incredible and we were so grateful for a successful baptism.  Then, on Sunday all three were set apart! Amiel's mom even attended that as well! We thought she would leave after sacrament, but she stayed all three hours and went to the classes. She had a smile on her face, was singing hymns, etc. I have a testimony on acting on the promptings you receive. Her  heart has been softened, she is attending church and she is on her way to activation and an eternal family! Now, we are working on getting Erwin the priesthood which he is so excited about and focusing on getting our next two investigators Mark and Marilyn ready for baptism this Saturday. They had their interviews Sunday and are ready! I am grateful to have been apart of their conversion and know I had a purpose here, even if it was only one transfer.  Souls were rescued and members returned! Sunday night we went to the chapel to watch the Broadcast of President Monson's birthday and I too am grateful for a living prophet, that through him we can know all things that we need to do to prepare! I know that he was called of God for our time and if we heed the promptings of the Spirit and listen to a prophet's counsel, we'll be on our way to returning to live with our Heavenly Father!

How great is my calling! I love you all and thank you for all the love and support! Everyone asks to see my family picture and I get that I look like both and how happy and great week look! :)

Tell Tyler happy Birthday and I will send him a video next week! I can't believe he's 16! Love you TyTy!
Sister Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment