President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, March 25, 2013

Another Week of Baptisms (3/24)

Maayong Udto!!

What a great week this was as we witnessed two of our members be baptized into this true church! I was so honored as I witnessed them from the beginning to the end. They have such a strong testimony of the gospel and know that they will grow strong in this gospel. J gave up his position in the Iglesia ni Cristo church that is equivelant to Stake President with a large pay. It just shows the sacrifice that people in this day and age are willing to give up for the true church! Then we had JM baptized after Bro. D  was reactivated to an active member of the church again! It was a great stretch and took time, but they are such a blessing to have witnessed them come back! They went to church as a family for a month now and watching Bro. D take that opportunity to baptize JM reminded me of how I felt about dad baptizing me! I wouldn't have had it any other way!!

I really enjoyed the Zone conference this week as I realized how to better help our work! We were able to find even more investigators and Sis. P and I are really focusing on the vision of the mission and baptizing every week! We have so many investigators ready to enter into the waters of baptism and we are working on our goals one day at a time and ready to give it even more this week! Right now we have baptisms every week from last week until April 13th!

President came and interviewed JB and H and after he expressed to us how strong their testimonies were of this gospel! But, only two were baptized on Saturday!
Sister H is in such a great position right now where she sees where her life needs to go! She is being abused that we found out by the LA that referred us to her who is her "Live in" partner right now. She cried to us about her problems and expressed that she wants to be baptized so that she can leave him and she can continue going to church when she goes home. She will be baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. I"ve grown so close to her as she's confided in me. She's opened up to me about her plans and how she is ready to be happy happy. She expressed her thanks to me and told me she'll be forever grateful for the role I played in her life and she'll never forget me. I sit back and reflect on those saying each day and realize just HOW truly grateful I am for this opportunity to be here. The journey of being a missionary wasn't easy by any means, but it's when you love the people and forget yourself and your worries/problems that you feel TRULY happy!
I love this wonderful work! The work is going like crazy here in the Philippines. WIth the 4 additional missions, we won't be getting a huge increase in missionaries just yet because all those missionaries that would've been added to our missions are being sent to the new 4 missions! So, for right now as far as my release date, I asked President about it if it'd be earlier release like other missions regardless, but right now we'll just plan on it being the same :)
Sister P. is so great! We're hoping for three transfers together and then you'll all be able to meet her on Skype :) Then, after our three companionships, it'll be just two transfers left. weird. But, still going strong! You only have 18 months to be on a mission and the rest of my life to look back on it! I love you all and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment