President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, June 17, 2013

5/19/13 You're Blossoming

This week was indescribable as I just was influenced so much that it is hard to describe in words. Sometimes in our lives we look at ourselves and ask 'Why?', 'Why am I going through this', 'Why was I given a calling like this', 'What do I have to offer'? But, this week was such a testimony builder as I learned a little more about myself, my work here, and my purpose. My eyes were opened more to WHY I am here until September and not July, why I am serving in the Philippines and 5th ward at this moment, what I was supposed to learn, and what I have to offer. I was told by a member, Sister M, "you're blossoming." I asked what she meant by that and all I got as a response was "just that. you're blossoming". I know the Lord has his timing for everything. We look at things with our wrist watch and see 24 hours, but on the Lord's clock-is for eternity. We look and ask all the 'Why''s, instead of asking 'Why not?'. The Lord prepares us for things we are to go through, things we are to learn and ultimately the refining experiences as we become the people we are to become FULLY! Each day we will continue to blossom and I am grateful that it's a process that we constantly have to work at! My testimony grew so much this week as I was able to help my fellow sisters in the Bacolod Mission. President Lopez has a vision consisting of 3 things:
-Exact obedience
-Becoming Preach my Gospel scholars
-Weekly baptisms
I was grateful to have gone on exchanges twice this week with sisters in the mission and help them see the HOW to accomplish Pres. Lopez's vision as he testified that as we have exact obedience and become PMG scholars, the promised blessing is in weekly baptisms.
This week we were able to have yet another baptism of Bro. N.  Along with N, we were able to commit a few more investigators to be baptized and are seeing the work progress. I am grateful for this opportunity to be in Bacolod 5th ward. I know that I am here for a reason. Another huge testimony builder that I had this week was yesterday at church. As Sister Polatis and I greet all the members as they get into church, we had discussed the problem with the Primary here in the ward because all the kids are out running around in the halls, going in and out or Relief Society all the time, so Sis. Polatis said "We should just go teach their class." We looked at each other and I suggested we take them into the chapel where there's a piano and sing the Primary songs with them. Sister Polatis played the first half, and I the second half with all the kids gathered around her at the piano singing songs they knew and shouting out more songs that they knew. We taught them the actions to "The wise Men"and "Book of Mormon stories" because they don't know those here and they just loved it. I told Sis. Polatis after church, that as she was sitting down with all the children singing around her, I got teary eyes as I just pictured how special each and every child is to our Heavenly Father. I was reminded or Christ's love for all the children as they gathered around his side and my heart was full. Sis. Polatis after telling her my experience shared her similar experience as she looked back at me with all the kids by my side and just treasuring the experience. It was a memory I will not forget and reminds me of Christ's love for each and every one of us. Just as we didn't want any kids sitting a few rows away, the same with our Savior. He wants each and everyone of close to Him, at arms length ready to pick us up, comfort us, and tell us he loves us. My testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ was greatly strengthened and I know the he Lives! I know that as we follow the commandments, whether big or small, asking 'Why not' instead of 'Why', he'll bless us! I testify of it, because he blesses me each and every day, whether big or small.
May we all remember our Savior Jesus Christ; let him be reflected in our countenance each and every day!

I love you all and pray for you more than once a day! I was grateful to have seen and talked with each and every one of you last Monday and good luck with all the wedding craziness! :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment