President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

6/30/13 - Awesome Week

Man, I know this is not something you'll be too happy to hear, but this new computer shop doesn't let me attach photos...go figure, so until I figure something out, there aren't any photos! BUT! I have stories instead!

This week was a testimony builder to me where I learned to have promptings of the Spirit and acted on them! This week I let the area as Sis. Portugal traveled for exchanges. I had the pressure of having to find new investigators because we didn't have any when we got her. I felt like I needed to take my first Sister exchanges, Sis. I from New Zealand, to the richest area in our ward where I can find the rich and learned. I can testify that the two first people, I felt OYM'd to, now have baptismal dates and will be baptized in August 10 and 17! I continued up the road to another where they even gave us referrals, had already been reading the Book of Mormon but was too shy to say anything to us for us to teach her! She now has a baptismal date. That day was just a day full of tender mercies where I continued the next day with another sister, Sis. B. We went to contact one of our further areas where we were just walking and we made conversation with her.  I felt prompted to give her a Plan of Salvation pamphlet with the first page being a picture of a newly born baby and its parents. She is giving birth this month and asked her if we could come back. She said yes!!! We went back on Saturday and come to find out, we were answers to her prayers, she's been wanting to hear our message and we will be returning this week and committing her to baptism!  We have 16 new investigators, 8 already with dates and more to commit! The Lord is working wonders. This area is the first area where we have an effective leadership in the ward and the Bishop is awesome! I am so glad to end on such a happy, busy note where time just flies because you're having fun in the work of the Lord! Sis. Portugal, I truly am grateful for her and her hard work.  She has brought the spirit instantly! We're serious, but can joke and it's been the perfectly balanced companionship in our work! I am so excited to continue with another week and can't wait for the other opportunities we'll be given as companionships. I am grateful for the hand of the Lord in our work  because without Him, we as missionaries are nothing!  Remember the Work of Salvation, include the ideas because it was an AWESOME fireside! I am excited to apply it here in Paglaum Ward! I know this is the work of the Lord and the work is progressing. A missionary can stop progressing, but the area doesn't.  It's up to us to be worthy of those experiences because the "field is white already to harvest!" I love and pray for you all! Happy 4th celebrating without me, but Happy Birthday Grandma Valerie!!! ..one year younger and wiser too! Happy Birthday! TO YOU! (When I get home, I will show you the Filipino style of a birthday! )
halong kamo pirme!
xo.
Sister Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment