President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, May 23, 2011

Thru thick and thin



These past few weeks, I've struggled in more ways than one. To start off, my work has been hard as I've been promoted. There has been a lot of drama that is going on and people feel the need to bring others down so that they feel better about themselves. I feel like I go home unhappy each night I work and dread working when I do. There are so many times when I want to go to work and just have a good day for once. It's two months before I go home and it's just a waiting game from now on. I am going to go to work-to do my job. Nothing more. The people there are not people I want to surround myself with and I struggle when I don't get a long with people. All I can do from now on though is be myself, do what I'm good at, and be my best. I am a happy girl who loves things to go perfect and love things to be in harmony.

Friends, it's always been for me just me and one other person. I have tons of friends but only one has been dear to me and knows my everything. I've gone through best friends everywhere I go. I had a "group" in elementary school, in junior high it was Amanda Clark and in high school it was Sonja Pejak. Yet, as i've transitioned into different phases of my life, I have yet to be able to keep one for more than that. This time in my life I have Briana Hunt aka Bee. She knows my everything and has been there through everything, gave me advice on things-whether I take them or not, and we have had tons of fun together.

Boys-I've gone through a lot of hurt and trials with guys. Yet, what I've grown to learn is that I am happy single. It took some time and it seems like when I'm looking-things fail. I am not the hook up type of girl and just like every girl-don't wanna be played. I have the certain "type" that everyone has that I'm attracted to, but this point in my life, I have decided to not worry about looking. There are greater goals in my life like my career and school to have to worry about boys. It gets in the way of school and is a risk i'm not going to force. I've learned a lot about myself as I've struggled and seeing on facebook engagements all over, kinda depressing. But, I know that if I'm going what's right I'll be fine.

Yet, through all this, one thing has become greater to me than ever-the closeness to my family. They have been there through thick and thin--to help me work out all my problems. Whether it's a simple "we're proud of you!" or an "I love you." through a phone call-it means so much to me. It's nice to know I still have people cheering on my sidelines and encouraging me that I can do it. They are my biggest fans and with them-nothing is impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment