President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, March 30, 2012

Another Week Down!

Magundung gabi pamilya! Kumusta kayo?! (Good afternoon, family! How are you?!) Ps sorry for all the typos last letter, you probably thought I butchered all my tagalog words, etc..keyboards will do that!
Man, I hope you all are having as good a week as I am! Each day is the same routine, yet it's amazing how the experiences are so different. This week I am not going to do a day by day because of time and there wasn't much that was extremely exciting this week except the Tagalog is continuing! Thanks to our fast we had last Sunday, it's coming so much better! Yahoo! But, this week is full of exciting news! So I am going to do bullet points :)
-Our district is still awesome as ever!! We still laugh every minute of the day, we eat together, spend pday together when we can, etc. Everyone in our zone admires how close we've all gotten and how we all eat together etc, when they all sit boys together and girls together..but, needless to say, the pranks have begun. One elder in our zone hid an alarm clock in our districts room set for 3am, and it was screwed behind the wall, and just hearing the stories of how its all going down, just shows the fun we have in our class! I LOVE IT!
-My companion and I had some personality differences and we all know how tough that can be when we're with them all the time. I would pray for guidance and help on what to do and how it can be better, and nothing! Finally, last night, I approached Him with the question on how I can better myself to improve the companionship, and I can testify that He answers our prayers. Today, as I prayed again, we went to the temple, and that was the question on my mind! I got my answer in the temple as I read the scriptures as they spoke to me that PATIENCE was the key. I needed to improve MYSELF and patience, and when I try and improve myself instead of expecting everyone else to change, it's amazing the blessings you receive. We came out of the temple and it was amazing, because now we've gotten so close all day and I just love her and she has so much to offer! She takes interest in my life, family, and we kneel down in companionship prayer each night..prayers work wonders and I can testify that He knows us individually and what we need in our lives! I'm so glad we're companions!
-Elder Saaid, the one who ran away, many have asked if he is still here..yes he is, he's struggling, but he's hanging in here. He has a testimony of the gospel and always come out of devo's gloating about what he learned and we love it. We're just working on trying to reach out to him so he knows to stay. He made the comment last night that he finally knows that he needs to man up and teach! He can't always run away, and that's exactly what they did! So, they're improving.
-Speaking of elders, our elders are foreign and never get letters from their families. Sis. King and I thought today that maybe either our family, or their names could be given to the YW or something so that they can get letters. I got letters everyday this week and I felt bad. I wanted to give some letters to them, because they check the mail every day hoping they have something and they don't. It doesn't have to be personal, but more encouraging! They're struggling. Their names are Elder Saaid (from Australia) and Elder Taukei (from FIji).

-I have met tons of elders from Vegas, it's been fun! Another is in our new stake, mom and dad! Tippets?? In the Lone MTN stake. :)
-Our teachers are awesome and Lester who we've taught 4 lessons to is now our teacher and is so awesome! We play games for breaks to stay awake, etc and he knows how to connect with the less motivated elders. It's going to be good and we're excited!
-I listened to a devotional by Elder Bednar on Sunday called the Character of Christ and learned that the natural man wants us to be selfish and turn inward and he compared it to the Cookie Monster. He encouraged us to use the character of christ to turn outward, be selfless, love, and serve and defeat the natural man. It was incredible and so powerful!
-Another one of my friends from my last district got her Visa to Brazil this week and she left! All my friends are leaving! haha But, it's nice that new ones come in each week. So to celebrate, we had lunch with our old teachers and said a final goodbye to her, it was extremely fun!
-Well, on to the fun news! Elder Dallin H. Oaks came and spoke on Tuesday night! We sung in the choir and once again they focused in on me with the camera and it was broadcasted worldwide, so everyone was able to watch it! He talked about teaching by the Spirit. I've been amazed at how much that has been a common theme here, but it's so important in TRUE conversion vs social conversion. So, I don't know if you grandpa, were able to watch that with the missionaries??
-Speaking of choir, I hope you all are watching the Saturday afternoon session of General Conference. We all had to fill out sheets on vocal talents for a special choir and from there they would choose select few to be in it. They didn't tell us what it was for, but I was accepted and we are the guest choir in conference this year! I was so bummed when I was unable to try out at BYU Idaho due to a test, and singing in general conference was on my bucket list, and my once in a lifetime chance, I GOT AGAIN! I am so excited and we've had practice everyday at 7am! So, I'm excited, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ah :)
-Lastly, as I was preparing for my next investigator, it solidified my testimony by 100! I always knew the gospel was true, but it's when you read things that just bring the Spirit that is incredible. I was reading in Our search for Happiness because that's been one of my goals, and I'm almost done in a week :), but in there it talked about, we don't need to be billionaires or millionaires, but the gospel provides us blessings that no one can buy! We are rich in blessings. And that once we know that WE ARE A CHILD OF GOD, we never look at someone differently, we act differently, treat others better, etc. And I loved that! I KNOW that I am a child of God, and because of it, I am richer that the richest person on the earth! How grateful I am!
I just wanted to end with my testimony that I finally have memorized..never thought I'd say that , haha but i have to have SOMETHING! :)
Alam ko po na totoo po ang Simbahan ni Jesucristo ng mga Banal sa mga Huling araw. Alam ko po na totoo po ang Aklat ni Mormon. Alam ko po na totoong propeta po si Thomas S. Monson. Alam ko po na nagbayad-sala po si Jesucristo para sa mga Kasalanan natin at Salita ng Diyos ang Aklat ni Mormon. Alam ko po na walang hanggan ang mga pamilya. Sa pangalan ni Jesucristo, amen!
I love you all, and thank you for the plethora of emails, dear elders and letters this week!! IT made my week! And made the things I was going through, so much easier!! I love it here and wouldn't trade it for marriage, facebook, a cell phone, or a car!! This is helping me be a better roommate, friend, daughter, wife someday and daughter!
Mahal Kita,
Sister Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment