President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, July 1, 2012

I Love This Work!

Wow, another week!! This week was great as we came so close to meeting our goals! Sis. Molino and I have so many plans for this ward, and I really hope I don't get transferred! I love this ward and my relationships with the ward members has been great!! But, the Lord may have other plans and I'll accept it, but I love this work! Many have asked, we get our new mission president Sunday.  I am extremely excited to see his visions for this work and especially since he'll be my mission president for the majority of my mission.  I have heard nothing but awesome things about him and so I will keep you updated!
Monday we went to SM which is the mall here..not gonna lie, it was decent! Doesn't compare to the fashion show mall, but it was nicer than I thought! That was a lot of fun as we saw tons of missionaries there!
Tuesday we had District meeting and went out and taught 8 lessons in 4.5 hours.  We met so many new less actives, and visited a few recent converts! It was a rewarding day! I am also happy to announce that 2 out of 3 12 yr old are reading! Thanks for your advice! The 3rd we just haven't visited yet, but our fingers are crossed!
Wednesday we had an all day training with president and it was awesome! We all learned so much and how to be better effective missionaries! It definitely showed in our work this week! But, we didn't teach any lessons because it went from 8am-8pm..tiring day, but worth it! Then, we had a few personal questions on callings for president so he did a personal two on one for us and helped us get our ward more organized! There are people in callings that aren't in ward boundaries and our recent converts are slowly falling away because the Bishop says there's no calling for them..there's always a calling/responsibility for them! There is one recent convert family who hasn't attended church because of a problem in their life.  We could tell and found out that sister is pregnant and doesn't want it..it's bad for her health and they can't afford another child.  It's so sad to see.
Thursday- Sat  The teaching continued. We contacted a few referrals and have tons of investigators and they are progressing! The only things with one of our areas is our area is HUGE that its pricy to take a tricycle to church and most people can't afford it..we're still brainstorming on that one! Any suggestions?? We can only promise blessings and help them see the importance of it.
Sunday-We had church and it was great as usual! We then went to teach our 12 year old Mark and his mom invited us to stay for lunch..guess what the menu was?! fish and rice..well, It takes me forever to dissect a fish from all its invisible bones, so the family was laughing at me and saying "budlay, sis?" Which is it hard sister?  Haha yes, it is!!!!!  They were all done within seconds and I was still eating because not only doI have to dissect the fish, but with a fork and spoon! haha. Glad I'll be remembered for not being able to eat fish! I am working on it though..I don't get much practice though because my companion knows me and tries not to cook fish! haha

Well, it sounds great at home! Everyone seems to be staying busy! I am really bummed that I am not going to be able to be at Zac and Julie's wedding. I swear, everyone is getting married while I am gone! But, I am glad they are gong to tie the knot! I am so excited to see Branden as I hear he will be walking soon!! Congrats Zac and Julie! Love you both!
Missionary work seems great over there! Mom and dad, great work at being involved in the missionary work there. 
 I am sad that once again you'll be going to the cabin again without me! 4th of July already! man!! and Grandmas bday but I have another pday before that!
Well, the work is great over here! Each day flies by because we are so busy! My love for the people is huge! They have so much love and I love the Bacolod 6th ward! I know this is where I am supposed to be and I love watching the people come closer to their savior and exercise the Atonement in their lives.  Thank you for all the emails and updates! I love you all and I will talk to you next week.!  Sorry no pictures this week..I didn't take any :(  But, I am glad you are all enjoying them! My highlight of the week was the little blind boy is attached to my hip and runs from my companion and my companion wants to be close to him, but he smells me and tells me I smell good and he always sits next to me! Then me and Sis Molino try to switch spots and he notices and switches sides and at the end of the lesson he told her to go and for me to stay! hahah. precious and my heart melted. It's kids like that that make my day!

Halong,
xoxo
Sister Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment