President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Transfers

Well, we got transfer announcements last night, we weren't supposed to get them until today, but I am being transferred! I am so excited! we both wanted to be transferred and I had a feeling I would go and she would stay to train again because 6th ward is a popular training ward..but, yes..my language will progress much more now that I will be out of an English speaking ward..it's coming along but I'm just ready to be fluent already haha.  I'm sad i will leave and not see the Velez family progress, but we're called where we're needed..my work here was done, I guess.

This week was amazing for me! We were able to meet with the new mission president and his wife more in interviews and I can't talk them up enough.  They are the most loveable, determined, heartfelt people.  They are so loveable and President gives us hugs. haha All the girls were like "umm, is that allowed!?" hahah I embraced it! hahahahaha It was like a fatherly hug. Although, dad, yours can't be replaced! So I am extremely excited.  He had a training in there he talked about faith compared to moving mountains.  He had us write down what our "mountain" or challenges were so that he could help us move them! Yeah, words can't describe how excited I am for him and his wife!

All week we worked and were successful with our appointments.  We said our goodbyes to the ward because we didn't know who would be transferring.  That was extremely hard for me as most members cried..it made me reflect on my blessing when I got set apart that said you'll be sad when your mission is over, because of your love for the people.  That has already started and I haven't even made it 6 months.  I love being foreign, but once you say your goodbyes, it's going to be all up to me keeping in touch with them! I have no idea when or IF i will ever make it back, etc.  I love the people of the 6th ward, but I know there's more people waiting for me in my next area!

Our recent converts we were able to make progress on and most came to church. We found out one of our recent converts problem why she still wasn't coming to church. She was pregnant but didn't want the baby. The problem was she was considering abortion and her husband said no. She felt guilty for having considered that an option, but we helped her see the blessings from that baby and she was at church on Sunday.

I love the mission.  My testimony has grown so much this week as I have been put through challenges, amazing opportunities, etc.  I read and studied D&C 121:7 this morning: "Your trials will be but a small moment".  Our trials and challenges whether here or in the mission will be but a small moment and they are changing us to the people we need to be.  It is filtering out the unnecessary things in our lives and I am glad and happy each day for an amazing companion who I am sad we're being separated and for the help of the Lord.  The Lord is mindful of us in all our trials and challenges, but remember His arm is always outstretched, waiting for us to hold on to it.

This church is true and remember when life gets to hard to stand, kneel. There's power in prayer!

Halong and until next week,
Sister Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment