President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Earthquake, but all is well!

Well, it seems like many were nervous about the earthquake and I appreciate all the concern and prayers! I wish I had a cool story to tell about it, but we were actually asleep when it hit.  It did hit Escalante, but it affected other areas more.  We woke up to a text in the morning from our Zone Leaders that informed us about the earthquake and needed to know if we were ok asap- our response was "There was an earthquake?" So, no need to worry, all is well in Escalante!

This week was crazy as we worked very little.  We had FHE with Bayadog Family who has become family away from home to me! We thought that one of us were going to be transferred so we did our last one with them, but we have at least 6 more weeks with them! We were in Bacolod for checkups on Tuesday and we're thinking I have a worm because the medication isn't working, but we will be going to get an ultrasound this week or next Monday.  Wed we had District meeting for and met our new district/zone because we're so small. There's only 8 missionaries! And the fun part is, I knew all of them from before or from being in the district last district, so we've all grown to really close friends! We are excited to see what this transfer brings.  Friday we were busy packing up our house for the move the next day and on Saturday we were asked to give a presentation at the Primary Anniversay celebration for the District!  That was a lot of fun and we wrote letters to missionaries and a few wrote to me and it totally made my day!  After that, the couples and the office elders traveled from Bacolod to here to move us and that was absolutely exhausting, but when it was over, we were satisfied and happy! We finally don't have any worries and can kick our work back up to where it was.  We got the approval and our investigator Jeah passed her interview and will be baptized on Saturday.  During weekly planning, I told Sis. Boncales that I wanted our recent convert Erwin to baptize her because he got the priesthood last Sunday and when I asked him, he was so excited!! Sunday we saw blessings from our fast!  We have been working with Sis. Pugales.  Her son, Amile was the one who we had to postpone his date, but little by little we got her to attend the interview.  Then, she attended the following Sunday for his confirmation, and then two weeks ago she didn't attend.  But, this week we visited them and she said she had work to do on Sunday.  I offered to help her Sat. to finish it so she wouldn't have any on Sunday and she declined with a laugh, but ended up coming to church when we weren't expecting it!  The ward took her in, she went to all classes (Relief Society included) and really enjoyed it.  They are finally on their way to returning to active and now we will be working on Brother Pugales.  We also had a family who was a RC, but LA attend church for the second week and they wanted their baby blessed and even brought a referral for us!  We have identified the recent converts/less actives who have returned that haven't been able to exercise their priesthood or who haven't received it that we are focusing on because with a strong priesthood holder in every home makes the home a heaven on earth.  Even though we had little hours/numbers compared to normal, we are ready to hit the ground running this week! I wish I had more to tell, but that was all that really happened this week! The pictures here were of me with a chicken foot that they wear for necklaces, a pic with our investigator Jeah who will be baptized Saturday, a picture with our branch missionaries who are awesome, and FHE last Monday with the Bayadog Family!

 Tell everyone hi for me, and that I miss you all!  Yesterday was Sis. Boncales bday and the office threeway'd her and her family sang happy birthday! Made me miss you all tons! But, I am so happy here.. the longer I'm here, the more I love it.  The members and family have become family to me and am so grateful for the friendships I've made.  Thank you for all the support! I know the gospel is true and I have been called to the work for a reason: "To rescue the one!"

My thoughts and prayers are with you! xoxo
Sister Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment