President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Headed to Women's Conference

Hello Family! This will be short because we have only a few minutes because of all that's going on but Sister Boncales and I wanted to send a short email out amongst all the craziness! This week I will just share a few experiences that strengthened my testimony and makes missionary work worth it every minute!

This week Jay was baptized on Saturday.  I have enjoyed growing so close to them and watching the changes in his life have been super amazing.  He, like I said earlier, gave up a lot, but because of his determination and faith, the minute he decided to quit drinking coffee and alcohol-he stopped.  His baptism wasn't delayed at all and his faith as he realized the truthfulness of the gospel has been a testimony builder to me! He even showed up to his baptism with a new haircut-much more tame! haha And, he had bought a white shirt and pants/shoes for Sunday! He asked us where he could buy a tie, but Sister Boncales and I wanted to buy him a tie because he's come so far and we'll give it to him when we return to Escalante! He will be an awesome member of the church..!! Hopefully we can encourage him to serve a mission first before him and his girlfriend get married..they've dated almost two years! But, we'll see! :)

Another thing was we had an amazing experience Tuesday! President at zone conference training helped us in finding new investigators and gave the example if we see a funeral to go and ask for the amahan (father) of the house and comfort him, leave him with a prayer and set a return appt to return! Well, for some reason, I already knew if there was a tent put outside the house that it means there's a funeral but one of the relatives got out of the tricycles in front of us and the words came out of my mouth "Kinsa ang Birthday!! :)" ....sister Boncales laughed quietly and corrected me. I'm not sure why the words came out of my mouth, but right as I passed by, I told Sister Boncales we need to turn around..one-for me to apologize haha and two- because I felt prompted to apply what I learned and see the miracles.  Well, what a miracle. We have a return appointment this week because they were busy with funeral stuff until Saturday, but I was grateful I could act on the prompting I received! There are so many promptings, if we're worthy, and listen to them-we'll see miracles!

We also found another investigator that we OYM'd to who is the perfect investigator but they're 34 and 22 men who have so many questions about the gospel.  We invited them to church that Sunday because we had the appt set for Sunday night, and not thinking they'd show up, they did!! And when they were in there they admitted the feeling was different (spirit)- and when we taught about Joseph smith they said right then and there that it was true! We will have to work with them a lot because they're hard smokers and drinkers, but in time they are willing to be baptized and with our help-soon! They'd be great leaders and the 22 yr old is already asking about a mission!

Well, we're headed to Sisters Conference and it's transfer week; once again-no transfers! But, I'm so excited to continue our work there! Sorry this is short and I didn't reply to anyone's email because there's like no time! But, I printed them out and will send out letters next Tuesday! :)

Love you all!!!! Everything from what I could read is great there! :)
xo Sister Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment