President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sister's Conference and So Much More!

WHAT AN AMAZING WEEK!! It started off with Sisters Conference and I can't even express how fun it was! President and Sister Lopez were so much fun and it was so fun to see everyone..there are pictures up on Presidents Facebook for you to look! But, the hair and makeup was great. I focused more on the makeup because most sisters don't wear it and President wants them to start so I taught the how to.  Everyone said they are excited to apply what they learn and I did the make up on Sister Palai who I was in the MTC with and extremely close with.  She looked so pretty, and natural.  She's from the islands so we just accented with browns and golds. I also learned how to thread eyebrows and lips, etc. while I was there from another sister. so fun! I might change careers from dentist. haha jk NO. I am still going for my dentist dream.  We came back Tuesday late at night it was time for bed.
But, our work for this week was great! It continued and we have made a lot of progress with our less actives and a lot are returning.  We taught Jay about Priesthood and he's excited to interview.  Unfortunately, he missed last Sunday but, next Sunday we have it scheduled! We have our investigators that have been out of town so didn't come to church but they are all really sharp and we're excited to continue with them! The other two men who went to church we might drop if we dont have a member present.  Luckily we had a member present, but they are always serving us food, more like a "date" and if we try and refuse, they insist.  We went there last night and one of the men was showering and came out and served fruit in a towel.  That's not an environment we want to be in and if we didn't have a member present, I can't even imagine the message that would send to those around us! As a representative, I'm not willing to sacrifice the reputation of the church from maybe a misunderstanding of the people here from us just going to teach them. So we are going to try one last time and if it happens, they'll be dropped!

I am grateful for the relationships that I have with the members here.  I am grateful for the values that I have in this church.  I am grateful for this opportunity to be a missionary.  I love my nametag and can't imagine my day without it.  All he worries of the world are put off so I can serve the Lord.  I am happy to represent the "Arnold" name here in the field and hope that we all continue to stick up for our standards-no matter our age..I hope you all enjoyed General Conference and I can't wait to watch it Sat. and Sunday!! That's awesome news about the missionaries being able to serve even earlier!!! :) This work is amazing!!!! 

The pictures are from last week of our baptism, family week here in the Philippines and me doing the sack race as they all shouted "AMERICA!" ..I won by the way, and just some fun pictures! I love you all and until next week!
xoxo
Sister Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment