President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sounds like all is well!

Before I begin, It sounds like all went well with the funeral and there are people right now in Utah for the graveside service! I heard all the speakers were great and I'm sure it's was nothing less than perfect with the Arnolds in charge :) I hope everyone makes it home safely and can get settled from all the craziness of funerals! But, I thought about you all day yesterday, Sunday for me, Saturday for you! Miss you all!

This week was a bit of another week where we're seeing that there is just no progression in our less actives! Sister Boncales and I want to change our approach, our everything so that we can see results in the work! Our recent converts are doing great! They are all going strong and the ones that are less actives are now active again and the only reason we never have perfect numbers is because there are 27 we have worked on and some have been out of town.  We are so excited that our recent converts are strong and future leaders/missionaries! We have two new investigators that I personally made friends with.  One is Rodrigo.  He is the sweetest boy here ever! He's 10 and usually the kids here yell "HEY YO! WHAT'S YOUR NAME!? WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" But, I was sitting on the tricycle waiting to go to one of our areas and he so calmly just asked "Hi, how are you?" I was shocked that he has such sincerity in his question and just was making sure I was OK.  We headed to our area which is where he lives and ever since then, we clicked! He finally came to church with our recent convert Mark who lives close by and he loved Primary! I was so happy and am grateful that I can just make friends and through my example they have interest to attend church.  There also is another friend who I have come close friends with who is our tricycle driver to that certain area where Rodrigo lives.  He is 21 and related to the Bayadog family who I have gotten really close with! He's not a member, but this week we were stranded with no tricycle because of our late appointments and so he, because his tricycle was down, went and borrowed someone's tricycle and drove us so layo (far) to our house and everywhere in between! I asked him if he would consider attending church and he said he was planning on visiting to see it! He had work yesterday so was unable, but will be attending next week! Yet again, I saw that the biggest way to do missionary work is through our examples and how we live our lives.  Then, will people want to follow suit! We are excited to teach them and hopefully see them baptized! :)

We also had zone training on Tuesday where we were able to receive news that we can FINALLY OYM! (proselyte!) I about died because the area goals and with our past mission president it was BAWAL and dili pwede (we weren't allowed). But, we are allowed to intentionally knock on the wrong doors and ask where less actives houses are and offer our message that way! We aren't allowed to fully go door to door, but I am so excited.  Proselyting is more me because I am so outgoing and talk to everyone here, and know our work will see some progression! It was because i've always wanted a proselyting mission that when people told me I would be sent to Temple Square, well, it wasn't my ideal choice because you can't proselyte. But, now we can and we'll see how things go!

Also, weird, random fact, but I seriously need the help of everyone! President and Sister Lopez have chosen me to give a hair/make-up, and dress class at our sisters conference.  I have never felt so intimidated or inadequate to teach something like this! So, for next week, if you could maybe send me ideas for fun, easy hair styles for missionaries, etc. IDEAS! Please. I have no idea how I am going to help these sisters, but I will try to do my best.  Most sisters here in the mission don't even wear makeup and their hair is always just down and straight.  So, help! :) Even if you want to post a blurb on my Facebook so my "friends" like Bee, Becky Gifford, etc who are good with hair can help! It's on Oct. 1st! Thank you!

Our work is continuing! We had three less actives reactivated Sunday to active members once again and Bro Sebua and Sis Magno have two more Sundays! There are blessings in our work and will continue as we're faithful and give all our time and energy to the Lord.  Many have asked about my worm. The medicine the doctor gave me was ineffective.  I have an ultrasound scheduled today along with one other test and will go back to Bacolod with the results and waiting for the diagnosis.  I wish I could tell you what it was, but even I have no idea what is the diagnosis of my stomach. They have diagnosed it an ulcer, etc. etc. etc.  I just want to know what it truly is so I can get it fixed and be pain free. But, despite the pain, we continue to work! (1 Nephi 3:7, He'll provide a way!)

Thank you for all the support everyone continues to give me! I am grateful to be in the Bacolod Philippines Mission serving the Lord.  We all have trials, even missionaries, but it's our way of growing stronger and becoming the person the Lord wants us to be!

Gigugma ko ikaw (I love you sa Cebuano!) xoxo
Amping kanunay! (Take care always!)
Sister Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment