President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The hardest week of my mission, yet the most rewarding!

The hardest week of my mission, yet the most rewarding. Yep, I said it.  I definitely didn't think it was possible, but somehow it was the hardest week in every way: mentally, spiritually, emotionally, physically, you name it..it was.  But, you'll see how it was the most rewarding week!
Monday- We had the zone activity and then had FHE with the Bayadog Family again who is practically family.  We had tons of people there, and not all are shown in the picture, but food, games, you name it! We had it! 

Tuesday- This was where the challenges came..we were told about a few new rules in our mission and our zone leader emphasized exact obedience in our mission.  At times it's super hard to be exactly obedient, but I testify that's where the challenges are and that's where some of the best blessings come from! We had a problem as a companionship of external circumstances and people that day and we were counseled by President Lopez and all our leaders not to go out that day and for our safety, we were given the clearance to continue our work, but we had to be at home by 6pm each night. As missionaries we were devastated because we had finally committed Bro. Empase to baptism! He has to go through our mission president because of his serious crime, but he wants to take this step towards baptism! His only availability is after 7, but how were we to progress with having to be home every night at 6pm. Then, most of our families that we're working with are in the pm after 6, also.  There were so many temptations, even of our companions sometimes to not be obedient, but as I stood my ground, I knew the Lord would provide. We had come this far and I knew if we would just come home by 6 and obey to the "T" we wouldn't have to worry. 

We continued our work and mentally we were drained.  We had to alter our days we went to each area when we had just found a perfect schedule that worked for everyone! We weren't able to ride the tricycle drivers because the tricycle drivers were part of the reason we were in the situation we were.  We found ourselves walking to even the farthest of areas so that we could continue the work.  The feelings of not wanting the work to suffer and just wanting everything to work our weighed down on us and feeling like we were waiting two and a half hours in the pm.  But, I have felt my Heavenly Fathers love for me so much! I testify because we committed 14 people to baptism this week. Yes, 14 and all are referring us to friends.  All are keeping their commitments and with a large number like that one would think that there are a few that aren't keeping their commitments, but most have already received their answers to the church is true. Tears of joy during every companionship study fill our eyes because we know that the Lords hand is in our work.  We know that as we are exactly obedient "our trials will be but a short moment".  I know that things are going fine as far as external circumstances and we're hoping to get the clearance in the next few days to return to normal, but the feeling of "I'm fulfilling my purpose as a missionary" fills my mind.  I'm here to help others change their lives through the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We have so many ready here and we as a companionship are grateful for worthiness to see this miracle in the Escalante Branch.  I know that these people were waiting for me and Sis. Boncales.  I know that sometimes it's hard to stand up even as a r and put your foot down for exact obedience, but I know that's the only way we'll be effective.  I know that the church is true! I know this work is real! I know that we can feel our Heavenly Father's love as we remove those barriers in our lives so he can communicate with us.  I know this gospel (is true), I live this gospel, and I LOVE this gospel! Do you?

I love you all and pray for you always! Until next week!












No comments:

Post a Comment