President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, February 18, 2013

Another week of preparation! :)

Maayong Hapon Family,
Well I had to drag myself out of bed this morning to email you all, the flu has hit the missionaries here! So, I don't know how long this will be!
 
But, what a great week!!! I am so excited to announce that we're wrapping up some of our ivestigators to be baptized February 2 and they have come so far! Brother C. is in the picture and that was the "Jar of Love" that I made for him to finaly conquer his smoking problem after two years!! In it was put little messages from me and my companion and his family so that everytime he wanted to smoke, instead he'd read a message of love and he'll be baptized on the 2nd!!!! We announced it to the leaders and the members and they all shouted for joy! ...yeah, me too!

Another great story this week was we have a Less active that always ran from us because he's been inactive so long and that's what they all do...! haha But, Wed he didn't run and we were able to have a very powerful lesson and committed to go to church and sat we visite him and reminded him and he approached us and didn't run again! :) Incredible!
 
Another investigator that refuses to go to church because she feels shes not worthy finally attended New Beginnings for her daughters! They attended church for the first time that day and we were told that she was very emotional and are hoping that's our in!! The spirits working in her!!
 
Last I will share, but definitely not all, we have over 20 less actives yet again at church! We even got new less actives at church!! We had 11 investigators at church and more on our radar that we'll be giving a baptism date this week! The work is in.cred.ible! I have felt the spirit work in my like crazy this week and I testify that the Lord will continue to bless us as long as we are faithful and obedient! I know this church is true and it's never too late to return back to the church! I have a testimony of how the gospel influenced me growing up and am forever thankful for my standards! :)
 
I pray for you all daily! xo
Halong sa inyo tanan!
Sister Arnold
 
Enjoy the pictures from christmas, christmas party in the ward christmas eve, randomness, love you!
Sorry it took so long!


No comments:

Post a Comment