President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, February 18, 2013

I SURVIVED...barely!

Maayong hapon sa inyo tanan! ..grabe what a week!!

I found myself sick on Monday, but we continued with our FHE with our investigator and her family. It was a lot of fun and their sons birthday was that past Sunday and because they're poor, I made crepes nd we had a crepe night with the left over chocolate sauce, cream, etc. They really seemed to enjoy it and that's all that matters! (sorry this keyboard is awful)
 
Tuesday we had district meeting and one of the couples here in our mission is a nurse and pharmacist..they looked at my legs which my illness turned into a huge allergic reaction..doctors orders-rest.. well, I wish I could say I listened, but we worked and taught our investigators because we had interviews sunday and i couldn't afford to rest. but, I regretted it because...
 
Wed. I was in bed alllll dayy...from when I woke up to the next morning. I really appreciated my companion who was there and so understanding..we think the allergic reaction was the water..the water in our house is extremely dirty...as a mother, you'd have a fit. ha But, welcome to the Philippines! I love it! :)
 
Thursday- We committed yet another 14 yr old for baptism who we are reactivting his parents. It is amazing how elect and prepared he is. Our mission goal here is we are expected to have a baptism every week as told by our Mission presient because our AP's area is doing it...talk about streesed out! But, we're going for it! Anything' possible!!
 
Friday-We continued working with our less actives and recent converts. We found another elect part member family who we saw progression and the desire..we have plan to commit him to baptism! ..Soooo exciting! Ya know, I look back and realize that there are so many things that I look forward to, but I'm happiest when I help another person accept the gospel. Everyday I'm so excited to just go out and work !! I love it.

Sat- This was our last opportunity to prepre our investigtors that hve an interview Sun and at the end of the night, Sis. P and I felt like "WOW, they're ready..." A few people asked who came up with the jar of love,,that was me, but we all contributed to the notes and sis. p helped decorate it...it was extremely fun and bro c said he had rememberances for us...native hand bags...wow, we're spoiled.. I'm excited :)

UN-THEY PASSED and we'll be having our baptism of bro c on sat and b on sunday at 2 because he has work! The work has been amazing, but we're not finished!

We have so much to continue doing! We're ready to continue our work and push forward with diligence ..i'm giving it my 100!
 
I love this work. there's no better place for me right now than here with these people. I reflect on transfers coming up and we both want to stay in our areas forever. :) thats how close you get to the people here!! i love my companion and this week i can really say we clicked..it's amazing when you as a companion hear " You're the first companion i've told this stuff"...the trust and love in a companionhip makes all the difference and I couldn't be here along..i'm thankful to have her side by side,preching the gospel 2x2! The church is true!

I love and pray for you all always!
xo Sister Arnold
Pictures :)
our investigtor trying to get me to buy these pants...grabe...i fit in one leg. ha picures by the ocean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment