President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, February 18, 2013

...speechless

Maayong hapon!!
 
Wow! What a week!! I am soooo grateful to be here in this ward at this time! I always say it, but I really mean it! Every week missionary work gets better and better! Now i know why my blessing said I'll be sad at the end of my mission because of the love I have for the people and my mission. Now you're probably wondering...you didn't get transferred? ...keep reading :)
 
Monday we had Family Home Evening with the D family who is the family we're reactivating so that Brother can baptize his son. You all read that situations and problems in their family, but man is there family progressing! I was in charge of the lesson and I chose to do it on Love because of Valentines Day, etc and I know that was their needs as a family! I had them write down something they could do that week to show their love to each other and brother agreed that he wouldn't get mad, sister agreed not to lie, all the kids chose to say "I love you" or give them all kisses everyday. I was touched when we followed up with them that they ALL DID IT!!!! ....what progress! I can't even describe the feelings and we helped remind them that this change isn't for one week, one month, etc...but it's for a lifetime! They came to church on Sunday and Bro asked me for Liahonas in English so he could strengthen their spirituality, etc. I gave some to him and he expressed to me that it was because of me that they realized they need to come back to church. I was touched and KNOW that this was a family waiting for me. Sister P kept feeling like she was transferring but I didn't and then my thoughts kept always going back to the D family. Brother D has a desire to talk to bishop on sunday about worthiness so he can baptize, but every commitment to worthiness we give him, he does! Jan mark's new baptism date it March 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that I personally am not the reason they are returning. Us as missionaries are just representatives, but it was because of their desire, their faith, and their trust in the Lord that all things are possible- and the Lord blessed them!

Now, to transfers-I'm training. ..aye! I am soooo excited! My companion is....American. Sister Polatis is her name and she is from a place right outside of Rexburg and she is amazing! Our personalities are just perfect, she knows why she's here and she's ready to work. SO! THat's what we're going to do. Her language is very limited so it's an adjustment teaching most of the lesson, having to translate everything, etc. but i LOVE IT! I have her teach in english even though her language is limited and she does great! Attached is the pictures of her and today is her birthday and she turned 23! ..hence, the picture! But, I have a TO DO list that is about 6ft long and it's an adjustment having to do it all by myself because it's too early to introduce her to everything-little by little but Sister Polatis has such great potential and she'll be ready to train by the end of her training! I am grateful to have this opportunity to learn more about my purpose and how to lose myself in service of my companion as she is new and i attempt to cook filipino food, clean, etc. But, I couldn't be more grateful for this amazing opportunity with an amazing companion!!! :)
 
I love this gospel! The church is true and missionary work is progressing. We are near 200 missionaries in the next few months! ..crazy! Keep the smiles and I hope you all had a great Valentines Day! We sure did as compatnions :)
 
Love,
Sister Arnold
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment