President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, February 24, 2013

...what a week!

Good morning!!
 
Well, I'm sorry for the panic attack mom and dad! You think you got the panic attack...you can just imagine how I felt.  Well, Sis. Polatis got it worse.  Everyone asked about the story-so, here it is! Wednesday, we went out for district meeting and came home to eat, study,etc. We have a gate on our outside then you walk into our huge front door and then you can enter into the house. Because the gate is closed and locked and we are barbed wired in, we always left the door open because of the air breeze. I set the keys and my purse on the couch and we went about our business and went upstairs to study. We came down to leave around 5pm and I couldn't find the keys anywhere! I thought I just misplaced them.  So, we found a spare set of keys in the house and just took them.  I just told Sis. Polatis we'd look for them later.   We went out and we went to come home about 7:50, but as we passed our house, I told Sis. Polatis we were going to try one more family.   They weren't home, so around 8pm we went in.   We opened the gate and we both got the worst feeling but I continued because we thought it was just because it was so dark!  The spare key ring had a million keys so when I finally found the right one, we were so excited to get in and turn the light on....when I went to unlock all the locks and the chain that we have that we use to lock it...it was locked from the inside. You can imagine me, trying to open it and Sis. Polatis having no idea what happened..I KNOW there was someone so I RAN...it was so scary because Sis. Polatis locked up the gate behind her so when I ran it was pitch black, I had no idea if there were people in the yard that would get us, etc. We finally made it out of the gate and I took off running..Sis. Polatis followed. We went across the street that has a building/hotel kinda and there was a guard and people. We called the senior couples and I told him..I may be crazy, maybe I didn't unlock the gate all the way, etc. But, I didn't feel good about going back and trying because it all happened so fast that I started doubting what happened. They got there really fast, and we went in with them and sure enough he saw that it was locked with the chain. He unlocked it and we went in. From the downstairs, it didn't look so bad at first, but we went upstairs and it was just ransacked. It made us so sick. They stole most of Sis. Polatis' stuff and for being here a week and having a rough week to begin with..it just made it that much worse for her. They stole most of her stuff...more her stuff than mine because she had her stuff in our main bed room..mine was in the spare room. But, just like all her stuff, they stole a ton of mine. They stole all my shoes and left one pair of my danskos, they stole my ipod speakers that I bought here, camera charger, wallet, backpack, make up, etc...they took a lot of the most valuable stuff and we are still finding stuff up until today that they took! They took the key earlier in the day, watched for when we left and they came in using the key that they took earlier in the day! They forced theirselves out the back room that was locked up and when he was running they dropped my wallet and a few other things..right now, the hardest things is my shoes that they stole and my camera charger because now i have no way to charge my camera other than borrowing it from our district leader tomorrow...So, I have my wallet, but they wanted me to call you, the mission couple and have you cancel the card so that we took proper precautions.  I learned that I delayed a prompting when I went into the house, but I know we were guided to that last appt. because if we would've come home any earlier, I don't know what would've happened! They can have all the material possessions that they took, but I am just grateful for our safety! We are at another appt with other sisters and we're moving into our new appt later this afternoon..but, sadly this happened to 3 other companionships this week...and it's sad to say that it probably won't be the last. so, sorry for the voicemail..I would've loved it better if you actually picked up the phone, but the connection was horrible, so we just resorted to email. I will call Chase about my new debit card. PS Thank you for my package this week! I love it and can't wait to wear it :)

Just an update on our investigators:
The D family is progressing so much! We're working on them as a family and we're so excited for them!
We have so many referrals lately from the members which I am extremely grateful for because it reassures us that the members trust us with their family/friends.
 
We're ready to get settled in to our apartment and just go to work! No matter how hard anything is, it's possible! Thank you for the love/concern this week! Sis. Polatis is doing great! She recovered well from the shock of everything and is just kicking forward! :) She's awesome! I love this work...satan's good, but the work continues! :)
 
...crazy they just opened 3 new missions in the Philippines!!! :)
 
Love you!
xo Sister Arnold

No comments:

Post a Comment