President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, March 25, 2013

Blessings Continue 3/10

YES!! We are so excited here in 5th ward!!

Monday we had PDAY and went bowling with the Ward Missionaries and had lunch with the Elders in our District at Pizza Hut..Sister P and I are pretty much ....addicted! But, it was so much fun! The bowling here is ridiculously..fun? I'm horrible here.. You get three tries, the balls are half the size of american balls and it's manual/dark and random men just hanging out there. But, nonetheless, super fun! That night, we had FHE with a referral from a member and we were able to contact him with one of our great ward missionaries!  We did FHE first so that he could get comfortable with us, etc. before we began his teachings, etc. success. EXCEPT, we were offered water and we saw the jug for purified so we thought it was purified...jokelang! ha Sis. P and I looked at each other as we drank it at the same time...yeah, it wasn't filtered. My stomach is adjusted to the culture, but hers was upset all that night. poor thing!
 
Tuesday we had District meeting and we contacted another referral of ours! She is so elect. She is a girlfriend of another less active, but comes and is so strong even without her boyfriend. She took notes and everything when we gave her the Book of Mormon as a study journal, had so many questions and will be baptized March 30th! We also got a call from President because I had told him about my experience with H continuing in the gospel and he asked why she wasn't baptized. I told him that with President T, it had to be ten years that they were separated with no contact. But, he said that he should be making that decision.  He asked me a few questions about her and her background, if they were faithful, does the less active husband support her, etc. Well, he made the decision that SISTER H WILL BE BAPTIZED! Tender mercies and my heart was full..i may have danced around the house when I found out it was possible and I cant' wait to tell her! :) She'll be baptized March 30th as well!!!!
 
Wednesday we had companion exchanges so Sis. P stayed and led the area here and I went to Silay with Sister B who will be going home soon! I learned so much from her example and it was so fun to go see another area! Sister P was freaking about leading the area, but I helped her have a plan and scheduled the ward missionaries to work with her and she did AWESOME! I was so proud of her and we were ready to come back with new ideas, progression, etc.
 
Thursday we switched back and went to work! We committed brother J to baptism which he had some problems, for the past two years, but we helped him over come them. He is no longer living with a woman because they didnt get along very well and he too was married previously! He has a baptism date for March 23rd and he is super stoked! I am too! He says he's scared of me because I called him out on him drinking coffee way back before we saw him as potential again in a joke, but I really was serious! haha But, we all have the best relationships and joke around but he is super ready like Bro. C. He's been investigating the church for two years and now is his time!!
 
Friday-Saturday we worked like crazy teaching all our investigators/Less actives/Recent converts, etc! Friday we did Cleaning with the Missionaries and had such a great turn out! Saturday, we had a meeting with our ward missionaries, bishopric, etc and coordinated our efforts because we are having trouble balancing our work now because of all the appointments we have and with training we have 4 hours of studies everyday! But, they did great and we've been giving them daily assignments , working side by side with us making sure that we are all taken care of! I am so excited!
 
Sunday! WE HAD YET ANOTHER AMAZING SUNDAY!! WE had 13 investigators at church today and 9 have dates and the others will have dates this week! We are stoked to see the work flouristhing here! I am so excited to see the harvest of our efforts! Even the D family came and brother will return next Sunday and will baptize his son on the 23rd after years and years of this boy going to church, but not being baptized becase his family was inactive! I am so grateful for all the love the Lord has for his servants and we're seeing these people's lives change! I know many have mentioned my excitement for this work and I truly DO LOVE THIS WORK! Time is flying and i'm ready to give it what my all until the end! Many have asked about my relationship with Sis. P. in one word: perfect. I KNOW that is why we are seeing the success we are, BECAUSE the unity isn't there just 60% or 65%, but 100%%%%%!!!! I love her and she is so great, with ideas, her purpose, relationships with the ward members, etc! ...phew. I love it. Thank you for the prayers, I really appreciate them and know that I'm praying for you all! You are all my examples and I love you all!!!! :) The church is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment