President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, March 25, 2013

Most Amazing Sunday Yet

Happy MONDAY!! IT's MARCH ALREADY!! (March 3)
 
I know that as a missionary, we think that all our experiences and challenges are the best because we think our mission is the best mission in the world! Well, I just had one of the MOST AMAZING WEEKS!!! This week was hard as we filtered our investigators because of everything that was going on, some not progressing and as a trainer, I felt the pressure of seeing our numbers go down so low and wondering how to lead the area in finding new investigators, etc. It wasn't until Friday that we were just feeling overwhelmed with the one question in our mind: "How are we going to do this". I had another idea with it being March to do a Missionary March to get the members excited and involved. We planned cleaning the chapel with the missionaries to help the memebrs see our example because Bishop keeps pusHing them get helping clean the chapel because we don't have maintenance people here-it's the members job. So many people already are excited to join! We challenged the ward this March to hand out one Book of Mormon, one Family Proc to the World and one RESTORATION, PLAN OF SALVATION, and GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST pamphlet out to different people and if they had referrals who wanted to learn more, we were happy to schedule and teach them! We spent lots of visits with the members this week continuing to work with them and trying to get their trust. We encouraged the less actives to do it as well! We had Missionary Coordination Meeting with the Ward missionaries and they are all super excited to help us! We got to church, bishop announced our plans as well as having all musical numbers and topics missionary related every week and doing a one day mission! It was testimony meeting and it was such a touching experience. The referrals that had been given to us ALL went to church! The ones we had been working with like JB, is progressing so much and we had such a powerful lesson with them about repentance! The D's we kind of weren't able to visit as much this week and feared if they wouldn't attend church without us being there, but THEY WERE THERE! Our investigator H was there even though she can't be baptized because she had a former husband and here it's impossible or expensive to get divorced so the rule is 10 years being separated but for her, it had only been 2. It was a hard lesson to tell her she couldn't be baptized for a while, but as she walked out she said "Sister Arnold, even though I can't be baptized, I am still going to continue reading, going to church, etc. because I know it's true!" That hit me so hard and was such a testimony builder to me..how many people continue even though they are told they may not be baptized right away? I was grateful to have helped her become TRULY converted. I don't need a baptism to show for her conversion, but what she said was worth any of that and I can't wait to find out later in life that she was baptized! Her boyfriend now is a Less Active and accompanied her to church! His father bore testimony and the congregation was in tears! Bro. B gave us 2 referrals that were there and as he bore testimony about our help and seeing the change, the congregation was in tears! It was a missionary focused testimony meeting as we've worked hard to help those active members have a testimony about missionary work as we've helped them with their dear referrals. I felt the need to bear my testimony as my heart was full that the Lord blessed us with 11 investigators at church, 18 less actives when last week we had 2 and who are really progressing and not waiting on marriage, but will have a baptism date within the next week as we follow up! My heart was full and as they shared their testimonies about us helping us, I expressed my love for them for their examples to me! As I watch them, I become the better and stronger missionary that I need to be! The Lord gives us periods of "depression" in our work, where our numbers decline, but it's to see if we continue with faith! We moved and hit the ground running and the Lord blessed us! I know my companion was called of God to be here for a reason at this time! There are people waiting for us as a "companionship" and what we have to offer. We got out of church and received 4 referrals right away of more people who are wanting to share the gospel and want US as a companionship to teach them! I love this work! I know missionary work is so important and how we as members are the key to the success and growth in the church! I know that there are so many people waiting to be taught the gospel, even in our personal relationships, if we'd just have the courage to say something. I know before the mission, I was one of the "shy"est people to share the gospel before my mission, but it's just become apart of me and we truly feel the happiness and our testimony grow as we help others we're close to accept the gospel!! I love you all! I challenge you this march to give out one Book of Mormon to your family/friends and help them receive the blessings in their life that we're so lucky to enjoy! I pray for you all the time and thank your all for the prayers! Your prayers AND MINE are being answered!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment