President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, June 17, 2013

6/2/13 Finally settling down again

Maayong hapon family!!
Wow, it seems like it was just as crazy of a week there as it was for us! This week just flew like no tomorrow..I can't believe and am so thankful that I was able to at least share the moment for Jen and Shawn through pictures!! She was one beautiful bride and one handsome groom! I am so happy for you two!! Can't wait to see you both when I get home!
As for me this week, it was full of transfers once again. This time I headed to Cadiz City and it was so fun for me because I was able to see other parts of the mission because I have only had three areas to this day! I met some really great people and it was funny as the members said for me to stay there and were bummed it was only a one night exchange, as I was too! But, I also got that I was a BOLD missionary, but it was a good bold, they knew what they needed to do and they committed to do it. They appreciated the visit and were excited to attend church! We had some powerful lessons and between the two nights in Cadiz and two companionships I worked with, I followed up on them and they attended church. We had one powerful lesson that they were all in tears and they all attended church for the first time because they were less actives. Blessings!
This week we moved houses once again. Sister Polatis and I have moved into three homes now in this area...we're exhausted and once we get settled in, we have to move again..we have house mates now and so we're getting adjusted to having them there. We decided we're not a fan as our second night there was yesterday, we came home and the landlord told us not to lock the bottom knob because it was a different key and he hadn't given it to us yet, well the other sisters locked it and we ALL were locked out. We had to wait over an hour and a half, so we're learning a few things...we're learning that there's more of us and if someone makes a mistake like that, we all get hit with it. But, the landlord finally came in and let us in!
This week we had our baptism of J. He is awesome and we're encouraging him to serve a mission. He says he's shy, but we see the "unshy" side of him and we're so ready to get him preparing and serving! He has so much potential, and is so sharp! We also had our interview for Brother R who will be baptized Saturday and the elders said that he was our most prepared investigator. He is awesome and instead of just answering questions, he bears testimony of everything! That's why you know they are truly converted.
This week was tiring, fast, but rewarding! We're ready for our last week together before transfers..bitter sweet. There is so much to do until we separate as a companionship! :)
Love you all and am happy for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment