President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, June 17, 2013

6/9/13 - Baptism of Bro. R

Happy Monday everyone! Today is June 10 and the temperature it overcast and humid! ..Time has been flying!

This week was great with so many highlights. In our ward here we have 3 american couples like i mentioned before and we had fhe with one of them this week on monday to help reactivate a few of his family and we got a new investigator out of it named S...Her husband while talking to him I found out his desire was to have his wife be baptized because she's Iglesia ni Cristo but because in their church you have to baptize within your religion or you're basically kicked out. But, she accepted a return appointment and we went back on Wednesday! It was a great lesson, she has TONS of questions, but as a missionary, the more questions THE BETTER! We're excited and she was out of town this Sunday but will attend this upcoming Sunday as a whole family!
 
We spent this week also preparing Sister AR to be baptized and we are setting it up so that N can use his priesthood and baptize her! He is excited and asked me, "well sister, sure but who does this (and puts his hands out like he's giving a blessing...meaning giving the holy ghost"?  He's so excited and he reads everyday and always is exited to tell me about nephi and laban/lemuel, etc. He loves it and is preparing now to go on a mission.
Brother J has committed to serve a mission, still super shy, but I was too. Who isn't, at first? But, it sure comes with time and now I lost all shyness in me. He'll be great and I love that I've baptized so many with that desire to serve a mission beause of us missionaries helping them receive the gospel..what greater joy than that?
 
Well, Brother R was also baptized. That was one chaotic baptism. I was bummed that his program wasn't everything I had envisioned it, but I walked away grateful beause it wasn't the decorations/ talks although those are great, but above all its the Spirit that he felt and that he simply put entered into the waters of baptism. He was confirmed that next day in church and is already interview for the priesthood. He's solid. I know that he will go far, get sealed in the temple because once he sets his mind on something , he gives it 100%! He will be a future leader of the church who will help to establish this church and help others receive the gospel that he did! :)
Well, many are confused if I transferred..nope. we have transfers next week and we're sure one of us will transfer, but not sure who. We're sad but I've just been on a lot of exchanges with the new responsibility I was given! I love this work and am excited for my last week with Sis. POlatis. We're going out with a bang. I love this work! This work is real and progressing and we can't do it without the help of the members! :)
Until next week,

No comments:

Post a Comment