President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, June 17, 2013

Missing my Father on Father's Day

Thanks for the tears, speechless!
 
HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO A ONE AND ONLY GEM! Dad, I wish I was there with you to wish you a real happy fathers day with a "great big KISS"(primary hymn) "a hug around the neck"! It was a different feeling for all of us sisters in the mission, esp. living with two sisters whose fathers have already passed on. It made me and Sis. Polatis THAT MUCH MORE grateful for our fathers. I have a winner and because of you dad and your example, i've become the young lady I have, and become like you in more ways that one! But, who wouldn't love that!? I DO! I hope you enjoy it and just know, next Fathers Day will be a winner! :)
This week was a great week as we were so blessed in our work. The past few weeks were a rough one because we thought we were going to have our baptisms and one moved away and the other just isn't ready.
Monday we had a Family Home evening with our recent convert, R. It had to be one of my most enjoyable/fun FHE's here in the mission. There were tons of people and everyone just had a blast. We even got a few investigators from it and we're excited to work with them. Bro. R is a solid convert. I say it every week. But, really. He just blossoms more and more each week!
Tuesday marked my 3 months left. Bitter sweet as most would imagine. It gave me a chance to reflect on my mission: how far i've come, what i've learned, the young lady that i've grown into and what I wan to do in my last three months. I just can't even believe that time will fly like it has been and with only two transfers, we'll find out tomorrow what the Lord has in store for me!
This week we worked with a lot of our investigators and we have seen so much progress! There is great potential in Bacolod 5th. Sometime we have to sink lower to get higher. That's how I have to keep looking at this time where we continue to work to make sure that our investigators are ready before they get baptized. I know that when the time comes in the next two weeks, we'll have built them all up again so that they can all enter into the waters of baptism!

This sunday was a great start!! Amazing! So many investigators were there (11), 15/23 of our recent converts attended and over 10 less actives again, newly returning little by little! This week was a tender mercy and I'm so excited!
This week I also had an opportunity to do an exchange in 6th ward...I went back to my roots!!!!! It was so fun to see everyone again and we went out with Sis. Gay and one other ward missionary who I could actually talk to decently this time haha because my language wasn't as fluent back then in training. It was great to see most of the members are continuing, less actives have returned, and I was saddened when I found out one went less active again. She committed to get back into it because she compared her life to back when i was there and she was attending everything..there were greater blessings back then, and less this time! I just loved it, but it reaffirmed why I am in 5th ward: we can't help everyone. Everyone is waiting for us and there are those right now waiting for me still!

The work continues growing and growing. There are over 100 baptisms in our misison each week and we're working on having 300! We got this, but we've come so far already because a few months ago there were only 50/month roughly.....Pres. Lopez is inspired and called of God and he means business because this time is so short that we have to be 'Sister Arnold'. I love my mission and the great love of our Savior I feel each day. I am grateful for a Father in Heaven who gave me this opportunity and who has always been there for us, no matter the trials we're in, etc. Take advantage of him. He's always there!!
Have a great week and Happy Fathers Day again to all the great dads out there, but ESPECIALLY BIG PAPA! Love you all and pray for you daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment