President Gordon B. Hinckley said:

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Many more are preparing to serve. Not because they aren't married or don't have anything else to do, but they have the desire to serve. One reason that the Lord wants more sisters to serve is because within the next generation He will send His priesthood army to the earth. He wants to send choice spirit children to mothers who have been prepared, properly trained, and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than to experience and grow as she serves a mission." --Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Back to the city!

Maayong hapon Family!!!!!

Wow, I bet you all are excited to find out all about what is going on over here!!  Can I just say that I was transferred back to Bacolod in the 5th ward..my first area was next door in 6th ward! The 5th ward is the area of the mission home and.....I WHITE WASHED! (meaning it was elders area-they were pulled out and put sisters).  I have a companion, Sister Person who has been in the mission 5 months. This was a shock to me that we were chosen to whitewash and I have to lead it, not knowing ANYTHING! Our area is absolutely HUGE and used to have 4 missionaries, but now....2! So, you can imagine the work that we have ahead of us, but I am super grateful that I have such a hard working companion who is ready to work.  President Lopez is expecting so much of us and we worked so hard this week! Our area is next to the beach, but in the city! I have wanted to have an area next to the beach, have wanted to white wash and to train in the mission...I just have one left-to train)! 

Tuesday we got transferred and then were sent back to our areas..we came into the apt and it was disgusting because it was elders before so we cleaned, got moved in and went to work immediately
Wednesday-Friday we just went to work.  We went finding members in all the areas and getting all the paperwork organized! 
Yet, I can say that I haven't felt the spirit in some of the lessons like this week.  I testify that the Spirit is guiding this area, not me and we have been led through the spirit to so many who are less active but not on the list! We have had laughs and cries, but we are so anxious to continue here! The tender mercy of our work is we found 20 new investigators that we're teaching and we're excited to help them progress!
Sat- We had a baptism of Stephen that we only taught once but he's awesome and has given us so many referrals..he "Wants to be bishop someday" hahaha
Sun- We saw the fruits of our visits as we had less actives at church, ward council, and meeting with the ward missionaries.
We have so many plans for this ward and although it was SUPER hard to say bye to Escalante because it became home to me, here is where I need to be right now with my companion, Sister Person. She's great!!!!

Just an update on Christmas calls....President is SUPER strict so we only have 30 minutes to Skype this time and the earliest I can call here is 11 am on Christmas which is 8pm on Christmas Eve..sorry! Wish it was longer and not so late, but that's the rules!!!! I love you all and can't wait to talk to you! 

This work is real! This work is my life right now and am so grateful for how much I've grown and love this area already! The Spirit is real and will guide our lives if we let it! Enjoy and I will have more to update you next week..one pic is our zone activity earlier..bowling! 

xo
Sister Arnold
Halong pirme! ..yes back to illongo...both Sis. Person and I came from Cebuano but my Iillongo is just as good as when I left..blessings! She's starting from scratch so we're continuing to learn together!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment